Welcome to our positive cook! Today, we’re diving into the world of Egg Kari, a delightful dish that transforms simple scrambled eggs into a mouthwatering masterpiece. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, Egg Kari recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds. So, let’s embark on this flavorful journey together.
For this Egg Kari recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
• 4 large eggs
• 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
• 2 green chilies, finely chopped (adjust to your spice preference)
• 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
• 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
• /2 tsp red chilli powder (adjust to taste)
•1/2 tsp garam masala
Salt to taste
•2 tbsp cooking oil
•Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
Hard-Boil the Eggs:
Start by hard-boiling the eggs. Place the eggs in a saucepan, cover them with water, and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and let them simmer for 10-12 minutes. Once done, peel the eggs and set them aside.
Prepare the Curry Base:
• Heat the oil in a deep pan or skillet over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle for a few seconds.
• Add the chopped onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
Spice it Up:
• Add the minced garlic, ginger, and green chilies. Sauté for a couple of minutes until the raw smell disappears.
• Stir in the turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder, and salt. Cook the spices for another 2-3 minutes.
Tomato Puree and Yogurt:
• Add the tomato puree and cook until the oil starts to separate from the masala.
• Reduce the heat and add the plain yoghourt, stirring continuously to avoid curdling.
• Pour in the fresh cream and mix well. Cook for a few more minutes until the mixture thickens and you see the oil separating.
• Add the water and bring the curry to a simmer. Let it cook for 5-7 minutes, allowing the flavours to meld.
• Gently add the hard-boiled eggs to the curry. Simmer for another 5-7 minutes to allow the eggs to absorb the flavours of the curry.
Garnish and Serve:
• Sprinkle garam masala and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves. Your Egg Kari is ready to serve!
• Customise the spice level by adjusting the amount of green chilies and red chilli powder.
• You can add a pinch of kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) for an extra layer of flavour.
• For a creamier texture, you can add a splash of milk or cream while whisking the eggs.
Egg Kari is a delightful twist on the traditional egg curry, offering a rich, creamy, and aromatic experience for your palate. It’s the perfect dish to impress your guests or enjoy a special meal at home. Serve it with steamed rice or warm rotis for a complete and satisfying meal. Give this Egg Kari recipe a try, and we guarantee that it will become a regular feature in your kitchen! Give it a try, and we’re sure it will become a favourite in your kitchen. Enjoy your Egg Kari!